From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Events of 1535
- June 24 - The Anabaptist state of Münster (see Münster Rebellion) is conquered and disbanded.
- July 6 - Sir Thomas More, author of Utopia and one time Lord Chancellor of England, is executed for treason by King Henry VIII after refusing to agree to Henrys' decision to separate the English church from the Roman Catholic church.
- October 4 - The first complete English-language Bible is printed, with translations by William Tyndale and Miles Coverdale.
- Anabaptist rebellion in some cities in the Netherlands, including a famous incident of seven men and five woman walking nude in the streets of Amsterdam.
- Hans Baldung Grien - The Seven Ages of Woman
- Albrecht Altdorfer - The Fall of Man
- Parmigianino - Madonna of the Long Neck