From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
"In this place known as Golgotha, many have met the same cruel fate and many others will follow them, but this naked man, nailed by hands and feet to a cross, the son of Joseph and Mary, named Jesus, is the only one whom posterity will remember and honor by inscribing his initials in capitals."--The Gospel According to Jesus Christ (1991) by José Saramago
Jesus Christ (6–4 BC to 30–33 AD), also called Jesus of Nazareth, is the central figure in Christianity.
According to the New Testament, Jesus is the Son of God who served a ministry in Galilee and Judaea and was ultimately crucified in Jerusalem by order of the Roman governor Pontius Pilate before rising from the dead three days later.
- Outline of Jesus
- Jesus in comparative mythology
- Jesus in the Talmud
- Last Adam
- List of books about Jesus
- List of founders of religious traditions
- List of messiah claimants
- List of people claimed to be Jesus
- List of people who have been considered deities
- Sexuality of Jesus
- Depiction of Jesus