From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1839 - Charles Peirce, American philosopher (d. 1914)
- 1890 - Elsa Schiaparelli, French couturiere (d. 1973)])
- 1894 - Alexander Dovzhenko, Soviet filmmaker (d. 1956)
- 1897 - Georges Bataille, French philosopher and writer (d. 1962)
- 1914 - Robert Wise, American film director (d. 2005)
- 1934 - Ernesto Gastaldi, Italian screen writer.
- 1937 - Antony Balch, British film director and distributor (d. 1980)
- 1940 - Roy Ayers, American musician
- 1945 - José Feliciano, Puerto Rican singer
- 1960 - Colin Firth, English actor
- 1067 - Lady Godiva, Anglo-Saxon noblewoman (b. c. 990)
- 1797 - Mary Wollstonecraft, English author (b. 1759)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "September 10" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.