From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
(Redirected from Young woman)
Maiden may refer to:
- A female virgin (athough originally referring to male virgins as well) or to any young woman.
- The first of the three aspects of the Triple Goddess.
- An iron maiden, a torture device.
- "New, fresh, first." For example: "maiden voyage" and "maiden speech" (also called "first speech"), a figurative sense first recorded in 1555.
- Death and the maiden, a theme in visual art.
- The Maiden in the Tower, a trope in fairy tales