From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
(Redirected from Look)
- To try to see, to pay attention to with one’s eyes.
- Look at my new car!
- Don’t look in the closet.
- To appear, to seem.
- It looks as if it’s going to rain soon.
- That painting looks nice.
- To search for, to try to find.
- To face or present a view.
- The hotel looks over the valleys of the HinduKush.
- To expect or anticipate.
- I look to each hour for my lover’s arrival.
- Visual perception
- One can look at seeing but one can't hear hearing
- Men look at women. Women watch themselves being looked at