Contempt of cop
From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
"Contempt of cop" is law enforcement jargon in the United States for behavior by people towards law enforcement officers that the officers perceive as disrespectful or insufficiently deferential to their authority.
- Failure to obey a police order, a misdemeanor charge in some jurisdictions
- "Driving While Black", derived from "driving while intoxicated", a similar example of sarcastic allusion to police misconduct
- Law enforcement in the United States#Styles of policing
- Salvatore Rivieri, a police officer involved in a noted case
- Hartman v. Moore, US Supreme Court decision concerning retaliation for criticizing the post office