From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- Untamed; not domesticated.
- The island of Chincoteague is famous for its wild horses.
- Unrestrained or uninhibited.
- I was filled with wild rage when I discovered the infidelity, and punched a hole in the wall.
- Raucous, unruly, or licentious.
- The fraternity was infamous for its wild parties, which frequently resulted in police involvement.
- Visibly and overtly anxious; frantic.
- Her mother was wild with fear when she didn't return home after the party.
- Disheveled, tangled, or untidy.
- After a week on the trail without a mirror, my hair was wild and dirty.
- I'm not wild about the idea of a two day car trip with my nephews, but it's my only option.
- The novice archer fired a wild shot and hit her opponent's target.