From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- Having supernatural or preternatural power.
- Having an unusually strange character or behaviour.
- Deviating from the normal; bizarre.
Weird may refer to:
- "Weird Al" Yankovic (born 1959), American musician and parodist
- Weird fiction, speculative literature written in the late 19th and early 20th century
- Weird Tales, magazine
- The Weird, a 2012 anthology of weird fiction
From Old English wyrd ("that which happens, fate, chance, fortune, destiny, Fate, the Fates, Providence, event, phenomenon, transaction, fact, deed").
- New Weird America, a subgenre of psychedelic folk music of the mid-late 2000s
- Wyrd, an Anglo-Saxon concept of fate
See also (2)