From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- Away from the center of the Earth or other planet; in opposite direction to the downward pull of gravity.
- I looked up and saw the airplane overhead.
- Into pieces.
- tear up
- chop up
- An abstract adverb of motion or change.
- mess up
- take up
- A function word indicating intensity or emphasis.
- speak up
- type up
- I’m going up to New York to visit my family this weekend.
- Higher or louder.
- Turn the volume up.
- Higher in pitch.
- Listen to your voice go up at the end of a question.
Up or UP may refer to:
- A relative direction, the opposite of "down"
- Up (2009 film), an animated film
- Up (video game), a video game based on the film
- Up (1984 film), a short film
- Up! (1976 film), an adult comedy by Russ Meyer
- Up Series, a series of documentaries following the lives of several British people since 1964
- Up! (album) by Shania Twain
- "Up!" (song), by Shania Twain
- Up (Peter Gabriel album)
- Up (Great Big Sea album)
- Up (R.E.M. album)
- Up (Right Said Fred album)
- "Up" (The Saturdays song)
- "Up", a song by Rob Crow
- Patriotic Union (Colombia), a Colombian political party
- Unia Pracy, a Polish political party
- Unidad Popular, a Chilean coalition of political parties
- United Party, the name of several political parties
- Unity Party, the name of several political parties
- Umutara Polytechnic, Rwanda
- Universidad Panamericana Sede México, Mexico
- Pedagogical University, Mozambique
- University of Patras, Greece
- University of Pennsylvania, United States
- University of Phoenix, United States
- University of Portland, United States
- University of Porto, Portugal
- University of Potsdam, Germany
- University of Pretoria, South Africa
- University of the Philippines
- Palacký University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
- Upper Peninsula of Michigan, United States
- Uttar Pradesh, India
- -up, a suffix in Australian place names
- Eup (administrative division)
Vehicles and transportation
- Volkswagen up!, a concept car
- Bahamasair, an airline, UP in IATA code
- Union Pacific Railroad
- A railroad direction
- United Press International, a news agency
- University Press (Florida Atlantic University)
- University Press (Lamar University)
- UP (complexity)
- Up (game theory)
- Up quark, a particle
- Unified Process, a software development process framework
- At bat, a term in the sport of baseball
- Ultrasonic Peening, an improvement treatment for metal