The mad doctor and new flesh plot
From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
This is a list of films about mad doctors whose wife, lover or daughter is disfigured, rapidly aging or otherwise inflicted so he needs new flesh, glands, skin. The list originated from a now defunct internet page.
- 1942 Corpse Vanishes Bela Lugosi as the Dr.
- 1944 Voodoo Man Bela again.
- 1951 The Stolen Face
- 1956 Black Sleep
- 1956 Devil's Commandment (I Vampiri) The first of the Italian gothic films.
- 1958 She Demons The Nazi Dr. gives an over the top perfomance.
- 1959 Horror Chamber of Dr Faustus (Les Yeux Sans Visage) A True Classic. A Nightmare on Film.
- 1960 Hypnotic Eye
- 1960 Mill of the Stone Women (Il Mulino Della Donne Di Pietra) With a panorama of preserved corpses.
- 1960 Witch's Mirror The Mexican version.
- 1961 Atom Age Vampire (Seddok -L'Erede Di Satana)
- 1962 Awful Dr Orloff (Gritos En La Noche) The start of Franco's career.
- 1962 Face of Terror
- 1962 The Horrible Dr Hichcock (L'Orribile Segreto Del Dr H), starring Barbara Steele.
- 1965 Nightmare Castle (Amanti D'Oltre Tomba), also starring Barbara Steele
- 1966 Blood Drinkers
- 1966 The Murder Clinic (La Lama Nel Corpo)
- 1967 Blood Beast Terror
- 1968 The Blood Rose (La Rose Ecorchee)
- 1968 Castle of the Creeping Flesh
- 1968 Corruption With Peter Cushing
- 1968 Lady Death (Madame Death) Mexico again. With John Carradine.
- 1973 How to Seduce a Virgin
- 1976 False Face
- 1976 Mansion of the Doomed
- 1982 The Mysterious Castle in the Carpathians
- 1982 Revenge in the House of Usher
- 1982 The Sinister Dr. Orloff
- 1985 Creator
- 1988 Faceless
- 2011 The Skin I Live In
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "The mad doctor and new flesh plot" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.