From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Vampires and Virgins: The Films of Jean Rollin
- Vampires and Virgins takes a look at the life of Jean Rollin, a director best known for his sexy vampire flicks. Through interviews with Rollin, the film reveals a sensitive artist whose work, while reviled in his native France, was acclaimed throughout the United States and Britain.
The Diabolical Mr. Franco: The Films of Jess Franco
- The Diablical Mr. Franco explores the life and times of Jess Franco, the creator of the first Spanish porn films. His more than 200 films include Vampyros Lesbos, about a mysterious countess who lures young women back to her castle, and Necronomicon, adapted from a medieval book on the occult. The film includes interviews with Monica Swinn, Jess Franco, Michel Lemoine, Daniel Lesoeur, and Nigel Wingrove.
Blood and Black Lace: A Short History of the Italian Horror Film
- Blood and Black Lace focuses on Italian horror filmmakers Mario Bava, Dario Argento, and Lucio Fulci, whose baroque and bloody horror thrillers were also slick and stylish. The program features interviews with Erika Blanc, Orchidea de Santis, Daniela Giordano, Luigi Cozzi and Al Festa.
From Barcelona to Tunbridge Wells: The Films of Jose Larraz
- From Barcelona to Tunbridge Wells looks at Spain’s sex and horror film master, Jose Larraz, who caused a sensation at the Cannes Film Festival with Symptoms. The film features interviews with Larraz, producer Brian Smedly-Aston, and former Benny Hill star Marianne Morris.
The Pope of Perversion: The Films of Jose Benazeraf
- The Pope of Perversion is about the controversial French erotic filmmaker Jose Benazeraf, who, now in his 70s, continues to make erotica.
Strange Behavior: Eurocine-A Life
- Strange Behavior profiles a Paris-based, family-run production company named Eurocine. For nearly 50 years, Eurocine has been producing some of the most recognized low budget European flicks, including striptease movies and erotic crime thrillers.
I am a Nymphomaniac: The Films of Max Pecas
- I am a Nymphomaniac explores the classy erotic films of Max Pecas, a pioneering force in French sexploitation films who discovered the talents of Elke Sommer, Anne Libert, and Sandra Julien.
Blood and Sand: All You Ever Wanted to Know About Spanish Horror Films
- Blood and Sand focuses on classic Spanish horror, which distinguished itself as gorier, grittier, and more down-to-earth than works being produced elsewhere in Europe. The film features interviews with horror star Paul Naschy as well as some of his female co-stars.
The Blood Beast: The Films of Mike Reeves.
- The Blood Beast looks at the films of British director Michael Reeves (Witchfinder General/The Conqueror Worm), who died under mysterious circumstances at age 26. Interviews include TV star Ian Ogilvy, who starred in all three of Reeves’s features; award winning author Iain Sinclair; and Paul Maslansky, who produced Reeves's first film.
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Eurotika" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.