Deaths in 2010
From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
(Difference between revisions)
|Revision as of 17:33, 3 March 2011
Jahsonic (Talk | contribs)
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 10:22, 30 June 2012
Jahsonic (Talk | contribs)
Next diff →
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
|:''[], [[notable deaths]]''||:''[], [[notable deaths]]''|
|-||+||* [[Jean Benoît]] (1922 - 2010), Canadian artist|
|* [[Bobby Farrell]], 61, [[Aruba]]n singer ([[Boney M]]).||* [[Bobby Farrell]], 61, [[Aruba]]n singer ([[Boney M]]).|
|* [[Billy Taylor]], 89, American jazz pianist and composer, heart attack.||* [[Billy Taylor]], 89, American jazz pianist and composer, heart attack.|
Revision as of 10:22, 30 June 2012
- Jean Benoît (1922 - 2010), Canadian artist
- Bobby Farrell, 61, Aruban singer (Boney M).
- Billy Taylor, 89, American jazz pianist and composer, heart attack.
- Bernard-Pierre Donnadieu, 61, French actor, cancer.
- Teena Marie, 54, American singer.
- Glen Adams, 65, Jamaican musician.
- Captain Beefheart, 69, American musician (Trout Mask Replica), complications from multiple sclerosis.
- Blake Edwards, 88, American film director, producer and screenwriter (The Pink Panther, Breakfast at Tiffany's), pneumonia.
- Jean Rollin, 72, French film director, actor and novelist.
- James Moody, 85, American jazz saxophone and flute player, pancreatic cancer.
- Mario Monicelli, 95, Italian film director, suicide.
- Leslie Nielsen, 84, Canadian-born American actor (Airplane!, The Naked Gun), pneumonia.
- Peter Christopherson, 55, British musician (Coil, Throbbing Gristle) and graphic artist (Hipgnosis).
- Ingrid Pitt, 73, Polish-born British actress (The Vampire Lovers).
- Julien Guiomar, 82, French film actor.
- Roberto Pregadio, 81, Italian musician, orchestra director and television personality, natural causes
- Henryk Górecki, 76, Polish composer, after long illness.
- Dino De Laurentiis, 91, Italian film producer.
- Gregory Isaacs, 59, Jamaican reggae singer, lung cancer.
- Ari Up, 48, German-born British musician (The Slits).
- Bob Guccione, 79, American publisher, founder of Penthouse, cancer.
- Solomon Burke, 70, American singer-songwriter.
- Albertina Walker, 81, American gospel music singer.
- Roy Ward Baker, 93, British film director. (The Vampire Lovers)
- Tony Curtis, 85, American actor (Some Like It Hot, The Boston Strangler, The Defiant Ones), cardiac arrest.
- Arthur Penn, 88, American film director and producer (Bonnie and Clyde, The Missouri Breaks, Penn & Teller Get Killed), heart failure.
- Claude Chabrol, 80, French film director. (Madame Bovary, Story of Women).
- Clive Donner, 84, British director.
- Corneille, 88, Dutch artist.
- Mike Edwards, 62, English musician (Electric Light Orchestra), car accident.
- Noah Howard, 67, American jazz saxophonist.
- Corinne Day, 45, British fashion photographer.
- Bruno Schleinstein, 78, German actor.
- Phelps "Catfish" Collins, 66, American guitarist (James Brown, Bootsy's Rubber Band, Parliament-Funkadelic).
- Suso Cecchi d'Amico, 96, Italian screenwriter (Bicycle Thieves, Senso).
- Tuli Kupferberg, 86, American poet, cartoonist and musician (The Fugs).
- Sugar Minott, 54, Jamaican reggae singer.
- José Saramago, 87, Portuguese Nobel-laureate novelist, playwright and journalist, cancer.
- Sebastian Horsley, 47, British artist, overdose.
- Garry Shider, 56, American musician (Parliament-Funkadelic), complications from brain and lung cancer.
- Sigmar Polke, 69, German painter and photographer, cancer.
- Joseph Strick, 86, American director and producer, heart failure.
- Louise Bourgeois, 98, French-born American artist and sculptor.
- Dennis Hopper, 74, American actor (Easy Rider, Apocalypse Now) and film director (Easy Rider, The Last Movie), prostate cancer.
- Claude Tchou, French publisher
- Shusaku Arakawa, 73, Japanese artist and architect.
- Pamela Green, 81, British actress and model, leukemia.
- Frank Frazetta, 82, American fantasy and science fiction artist, stroke.
- Lena Horne, 92, American singer and actress (Stormy Weather, The Wiz).
- Furio Scarpelli, 90, Italian Academy Award-nominated screenwriter (Big Deal on Madonna Street, Casanova 70, Il Postino).
- Joseph W. Sarno, 89, American film director and screenwriter (Sin in the Suburbs).
- Alan Sillitoe, 82, British writer (Saturday Night and Sunday Morning).
- Werner Schroeter, 65, German film director, (Malina).
- Steve Reid, 66, American jazz drummer, cancer.
- Malcolm McLaren, 64, British musician and band manager (Sex Pistols, New York Dolls, Bow Wow Wow), mesothelioma.
- Alex Chilton, 59, American musician (Big Star, The Box Tops).
- Alexander McQueen, 40, British fashion designer, apparent suicide by hanging.
- J. D. Salinger, 91, American author (The Catcher in the Rye), natural causes.
- Woody Cunningham, 61, American musician.
- Teddy Pendergrass, 59, American soul singer, complications from colon cancer.
- Yabby You, 63, Jamaican reggae singer and producer
- Éric Rohmer, 89, French film director.
- Willie Mitchell, 82, American musician and record producer.
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Deaths in 2010" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.