From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
(Redirected from Skeptic)
- The practice or philosophy of being a skeptic.
- A studied attitude of questioning and doubt
- The doctrine that absolute knowledge is not possible
- A methodology that starts from doubt and aims to acquire certainty
- Doubt or disbelief of religious doctrines
- Ambrose Bierce: The Devil's Dictionary
- Ignacy Krasicki: Fables and Parables
- Bolesław Prus: Pharaoh
- Voltaire: Candide
- Montaigne: Essais.
- Herman Melville: Moby-Dick, other works
- Penn & Teller: Bullshit!
- The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe
- Point of Inquiry
- Skeptic's Dictionary
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Skepticism" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.