She Killed in Ecstasy
From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
She Killed in Ecstasy (Sie tötete in Ekstase, Mrs. Hyde) is a 1971 West German-Spanish film directed by Jesús Franco. The film's plot borrows elements from previous Franco films Miss Muerte and Venus in Furs. The film's productions staff includes many cast members and nearly the same crew as his previous film Vampyros Lesbos.
Dr. Johnson (Fred Williams) lives in bliss with his beautiful wife (Soledad Miranda) until his unorthodox experiments with human embryos causes a medical committee to reject his findings and orders him to discontinue his work. The unstable doctor does the only sensible thing: slashes his wrists in the bathroom. Devastated, his wife vows to seduce and kill the woman and three men "responsible" for the suicide.
- Soledad Miranda as Mrs. Johnson
- Fred Williams as Dr. Johnson
- Ewa Strömberg as Dr. Crawford
- Paul Muller as Dr. Franklin Houston
- Howard Vernon as Prof. Jonathan Walker
- Horst Tappert as Polizeiinspektor
- Jesús Franco as Dr. Donen
- Rudolph Hertzog Jr. as Kongressteilnehmer
- Karl-Heinz Mannchen as Kongressteilnehmer