From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Serpent is a synonym for snake.
Serpent and similar can also mean:
- Serpent (symbolism), the name given to a snake in a religious or mythological context
- Serpent (Bible), the serpent said to have tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden
- Serpent (constellations) in astronomy
- Serpent (cipher) in cryptography
- Serpent, a roller coaster built at Kokomo's in Saginaw, MI
- HMS Serpent, the British Royal Navy ship
- The snake (zodiac) animal from Chinese astrology
- Sea Serpent, a mythological sea monster
- Serpent Mounds Park, Serpent Mounds Park is a private campground, day-use park, and a National Historic Site of Canada located in Keene, Ontario. Serpent Mounds is currently owned and operated by the Hiawatha First Nation.
- Serpent Model Racing Cars, a radio-controlled car manufacturer from the Netherlands
- Serpent (band), a heavy metal band
- Serpent (instrument), a member of the brass family
- The Serpent, an album by the band Still Remains
- The Serpent, a song from Genesis' 1969 album From Genesis to Revelation
- Serpent's Kiss, a song by progressive metal band Symphony X, from their 2007 album Paradise Lost
- When Angels & Serpents Dance , a 2008 album by the band P.O.D.
- "The Serpent" is the nickname for the serial killer Charles Sobhraj
Films and plays and books
- The Serpent (1916 film), a film starring Theda Bara
- The Serpent (2006 film), a 2006 French film
- The Serpent, an alternate title for the 1973 film Night Flight from Moscow or Le Serpent
- Serpent (novel), a novel By Clive Cussler
- The Serpent (novel), a novel by Jane Gaskell.
- A play created by The Open Theater