From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1888 - Jack the Ripper kills his third and fourth victims, Elizabeth Stride and Catherine Eddowes.
- 1935 - The Hoover Dam, in the Streamline Moderne style is dedicated in the United States.
- 1962 - first manifesto of the New American Cinema Group: "We don't want rosy films - we want them the color of blood".
- 1924 - Truman Capote, American author (d. 1984)
- 1946 - Dan O'Bannon, American filmmaker (d. 2009)
- 1964 - Monica Bellucci, Italian actress
- 1955 - James Dean, American actor (b. 1931)
- 1985 - Simone Signoret, French actress (b. 1921)
- 1990 - Michael Powell, British film director (b. 1905)
- 1990 - Michel Leiris, French surrealist writer and ethnographer (b. 1901)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "September 30" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.