From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1940 - Cave paintings discovered in Lascaux, France.
- 1958 - Jack Kilby successfully demonstrated the first working integrated circuit.
- 1858 - Fernand Khnopff, Belgian artist (d. 1921)
- 1880 - H. L. Mencken, American journalist and author (d. 1956)
- 1921 - Stanisław Lem, Polish writer (d. 2006)
- 1943 - Michael Ondaatje, Sri Lankan-born writer
- 1944 - Barry White, American singer (d. 2003)
- 1945 - Milo Manara, Italian artist and writer
- 1954 - Robert Gober, American sculptor
- 1836 - Christian Dietrich Grabbe, German writer (b. 1801)
- 1869 - Peter Roget, British lexicographer (b. 1779)
- 1870 - Fitz Hugh Ludlow, American author (b. 1836))
- 1986 - Jacques-Henri Lartigue,French photographer (b. 1894)
- 2003 - Johnny Cash, American singer and guitarist (b. 1932)
- 2007 - Bobby Byrd, American musician (b. 1934)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "September 12" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.