From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
The word seeing can mean more than one thing:
- In common usage, the word means visual perception.
- In astronomy, seeing is a technical term related to the blurring effects of air turbulence in the atmosphere.
- In the occult seeing refers to "the sight" or the ability to see auras or to predict the future; see fortune-telling.
- (someone) being in an open relationship, but with slightly less commitment to each other.
- Seeing is the English title of José Saramago's 2004 novel Ensaio sobre a Lucidez.