From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Rationalization may refer to:
- Rationalization (sociology), the means of transition from a traditional society into a rationalized one
- Rationalization (economics), an attempt to change a pre-existing ad-hoc workflow into one that is based on a set of published rules. Also, business jargon for a reduction in numbers
- Rationalisation (mathematics), the process of removing a square root or imaginary number from the denominator of a fraction
- Rationalization (making excuses), a psychological defense mechanism in which perceived controversial behaviors are logically justified
- Post-purchase rationalization
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Rationalization" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.