Psychiatric and mental health nursing
From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Psychiatric nursing or mental health nursing is the specialty of nursing that cares for people of all ages with mental illness or mental distress, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, psychosis, depression or dementia. Nurses in this area receive more training in psychological therapies, building a therapeutic alliance, dealing with challenging behavior, and the administration of psychiatric medication.
- Psychiatric and mental health Nurse Practitioner
- Mental health professional
- List of counseling topics
- Hildegard Peplau - psychiatric nurse theorist
- Tidal Model - model developed for mental health nursing