From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- Marked by an unwarranted claim to importance or distinction
- Their song titles are pretentious in the context of their basic lyrics.
- Ostentatious; intended to impress others
- Her dress was obviously more pretentious than comfortable.
- Demanding of skill or daring
- The challenge was pretentious and inherently dangerous.
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Pretentious" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.