From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- Miserly; excessively cheap.
- The old man died a penurious wretch; eighty-thousand dollars in the mattress and as many holes in the roof.
- Not bountiful; thin; scant.
- The penurious stew would have been more accurately labelled broth.
- Impoverished; wanting for money.
- The poor penurious horde, naught in the cooking pot and naught in the belly.
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Penurious" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.