From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
(Redirected from Palmistry)
- Divination performed by examining the palms.
- 1620 J. Melton Astrologaster
- If they fore-tell things that shall happen by signes that they see in lines of a mans hand; then it is called Chyromancie...
- 1995 C. Walker Encyc. Secret Knowledge
- Modern palmistry differs from the ancient methods in concentrating on what is called chirognomy at the expense of chiromancy.
- Digit ratio
- Single transverse palmar crease
- Chironomia - the art of using gesticulations or hand gestures to good effect in traditional rhetoric or oratory
- Guidonian hand
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Chiromancy" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.