From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- Of an object, concept, etc., having existed for a relatively long period of time.
- an old abandoned building
- Of a living being, having lived for relatively many years.
- a wrinkled old man
- Having existed or lived for the specified time.
- How old are they? She’s five years old and he’s seven. We also have a young teen and a two-year-old.
- My great-grandfather lived to be a hundred and one years old.
- a five-year-old car
- Former, previous.
- My new car is not as good as my old one.
- 1994, Michael Grumley, Life Drawing
- But over my old life, a new life had formed.
- Obsolete; out-of-date.
- That is the old way of doing things; now we do it this way.
- Your constant pestering is getting old.