From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1925 - Josephine Baker's Revue nègre premiers in the Théâtre des Champs-Élysées in Paris
- 1939 - Georges Bataille meets Denise Rollin-Le Gentil who was the mother of the then 4 year old vampire filmmaker Jean Rollin.
- 1939 - "The Art of Assemblage" exhibition opens at the MoMA
- 1832 - Edward Burnett Tylor, English anthropologist (d. 1917)
- 1890 - Groucho Marx, American comedian and actor (d. 1977)
- 1901 - Alice Prin, French singer and artist (d. 1953)
- 1904 - Graham Greene, British novelist (d. 1991)
- 1928 - Oswalt Kolle, German sex educator (d. 2010)
- 1941 - John Sinclair, American poet
- 1949 - Richard Hell, United Sates musician
- 1970 - Andy Votel British musician
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "October 2" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.