From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1926 - The children's book Winnie-the-Pooh, by A.A. Milne, is first published.
- 1966 - The launch party for International Times magazine.
- 1972 - Last Tango in Paris premiers at the New York Film Festival
- 1801 - Joseph Plateau, Belgian physicist (d. 1883)
- 1864 - Stefan Żeromski, Polish writer (d. 1925)
- 1894 - E. E. Cummings, American poet (d. 1962)
- 1900 - Roland Penrose, British artist (d. 1984)
- 1906 - Hannah Arendt, German political theorist and writer (d. 1975)
- 1916 - Jack Arnold, American filmmaker (d. 1992)
- 1935 - La Monte Young, American composer
- 1939 - Willem de Ridder, Dutch artist and entrepreneur
- 1944 - Udo Kier, German actor
- 1965 - Steve Coogan, English actor
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "October 14" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.