From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1879 - Émile Cohl is put into jail for publishing the caricature "Aveugle par Ac-Sedan"
- 1975 - Andy Kaufman lip-synchs the Mighty Mouse theme song on the premiere of NBC's Saturday Night Live (but only to the words "Here I come to save the day!")
- 1963 - Jean Cocteau, French writer (b. 1889)
- 1963 - Édith Piaf, French singer and actress (b. 1915)
- 2006 - Jacques Sternberg, Belgian French language writer (b. 1923)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "October 11" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.