From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1921 - André Breton visits Sigmund Freud
- 1958 - France: Opening of La Méthode, a cabaret operated by Michèle Bernstein & Guy Debord on the Rue Descartes, Paris.
- 1684 - Antoine Watteau, French painter (d. 1721)
- 1882 - George Barbier, French designer (d. 1932)
- 1901 - Alberto Giacometti, Swiss sculptor (d. 1966)
- 1916 - David Gascoyne, British poet (d. 2001)
- 1924 - Ed Wood, American filmmaker (d. 1978)
- 1930 - Harold Pinter, English playwright (d. 2008)
- 1837 - Charles Fourier, French philosopher (b. 1772)
- 1916 - Antonio Sant'Elia, Italian architect. (b. 1888)
- 1973 - Ludwig von Mises, Austrian libertarian philosopher (b. 1881 )
- 1985 - Orson Welles, American director and actor (b. 1915)
- 2005 - Wayne C. Booth, United States literary critic. (b. 1921 )
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "October 10" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.