From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Art and culture
- 1576 - The Spanish Fury, Sack of Antwerp by the Spanish.
- 1830 - Satirical journal La Caricature founded in France.
- 1899 - Sigmund Freud's The Interpretation of Dreams is published.
- 1922 - In Egypt, British archaeologists find the entrance to King Tutankhamun's tomb.
- 2005 - V for Vendetta film premiers
- 1946 - Robert Mapplethorpe, American photographer (d. 1989)
- 1951 - Cosey Fanni Tutti, English performance artist (Throbbing Gristle, Chris and Cosey)
- 1924 - Gabriel Fauré, French composer (b. 1845)
- 1985 - Adonis Kyrou, French film critic and filmmaker (b. 1923)
- 1995 - Gilles Deleuze, French philosopher (suicide) (b. 1925)
- 2002 - Antonio Margheriti, Italian filmmaker (b. 1930)
- 2005 - Simon Watson Taylor, British actor and translator (b. 1923)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "November 4" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.