Museum to scale 1/7
From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Museum op schaal 1/7 (French: Musée à l'échelle 1/7, English: Museum to scale 1/7) is an arts project by Belgian art dealer Ronny Van de Velde. Its first phase consists of 100 miniature musea, displayed in room boxes measuring 100 x 60 x 65 cm.
- The circuit begins with Grandville’s drawings for Gulliver's Travels, the famous book in which scale plays such a major role. Subsequent exhibition rooms are devoted to symbolism, surrealism, photography, the Cobra group, abstract and minimal art, and some will feature works by contemporary Belgian artists including Peter De Cupere, Fred Eerdekens, Jan Fabre, Kris Martin, Wesley Meuris, Boy Stappaerts, Stefan Vanfleteren, Koen Vanmechelen, Wout Vercammen and Cindy Wright. A collection catalogue will be published in conjunction with the opening of the miniature museum.
- Flux Cabinet by George Maciunas
- Museum of Drawers by Herbert Distel
- La boîte-en-valise by Marcel Duchamp
- Painting within a painting
- Cabinet painting
- Cabinet of curiosities
- Room box