Museum of Fine Arts of Nancy  

From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Related e

Google
Wikipedia
Wiktionary
Wiki Commons
Wikiquote
Wikisource
YouTube
Shop


Featured:
Train wreck at Montparnasse (October 22, 1895) by Studio Lévy and Sons.
Enlarge
Train wreck at Montparnasse (October 22, 1895) by Studio Lévy and Sons.

The Museum of Fine Arts of Nancy (in French: Musée des Beaux-Arts de Nancy) is one of the oldest museums in France. It was created in 1793. It is hosted in one of the four large pavilions on the Place Stanislas created in 1755 by Stanislas Leszczyński, duke of Lorraine.

Some of the painters whose work is featured in the collections are Perugino, Tintoretto, Jan Brueghel the Younger, Caravaggio, Georges de La Tour, Charles Le Brun, Ribera, Rubens, Claude Gellée (known as Le Lorrain and Claude), Luca Giordano, François Boucher, Eugène Delacroix, Edouard Manet, Claude Monet, Paul Signac, Modigliani, Picasso, Raoul Dufy...

The museum is closed for renovation until June 2012 ; it is normally open very day from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. except on Tuesdays, and is closed 1 January, 1 May, 14 July, 1 November and 25 December. It is accessible to disabled persons.




Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Museum of Fine Arts of Nancy" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.

Personal tools