From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Laziness is the lack of desire to perform work or expend effort. What behavior is considered laziness varies according to personal and societal standards.
An example of laziness would be a perfectly healthy person living at home with ones parents until the age of thirty years without the desire to get a job or find a career in ones life being in all ways dependent on ones parents for support.
- Paul Lafargue, The Right to Be Lazy
- Kazimir Malevich, "Laziness - the real truth of mankind"
- Clément Pansaers, L'Apologie de la paresse
- Samuel Johnson, The Idler
- Jerome K. Jerome, The Idler