From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
(Redirected from Memoires)
Memoir, Memoire, Memoirs, Mémoires, and similar terms can refer to:
- Memoir, a literary genre or a reminiscence, a subclass of autobiography.
- Mémoire, in French culture, a (usually short and incisive) piece of writing allowing the author to show his or her opinion on a given subject.
- Mémoires, an artist's book made by the French artist & theorist Guy Debord in collaboration with the Danish artist Asger Jorn.
- Memoire (aka Memoire DX), a 1994 album by gothic rock band Malice Mizer.
- Memoir '44, a light war-themed strategy board game.
- Mémoires affectives (aka Looking for Alexander), a French language Canadian drama film by Francis Leclerc.
- European Memoirs (aka Memoir), a 1982 jazz album by the Toshiko Akiyoshi – Lew Tabackin Big Band.
Biographical texts and other publications
- Memoir (John McGahern Book), an autobiographical account of the childhood of Irish author John McGahern.
- Memoir of Halldór Laxness, the (eventually three volume) memoir of novelist and Nobel Laureate, Halldór Laxness.
- Mémoires (Berlioz) (aka Mémoires de Hector Berlioz), an autobiography by French composer Hector Berlioz.
- Mémoires, an artists' book by Guy Debord and Asger Jorn.
- Memoirs of Hadrian (Mémoires d'Hadrien), a novel by Marguerite Yourcenar describing the life and death of Roman Emperor Hadrian.
- Mémoires d'Outre-Tombe (Memoirs from Beyond the Grave), an autobiography in 42 volumes by François-René de Chateaubriand.
- Memoirs of a Madman (Mémoires d'un fou), an autobiographical text written by Gustave Flaubert in 1838.
- Mémoires secrets (Mémoires secrets pour servir à l'histoire de la République des Lettres en France depuis 1762 jusqu'à nos jours), an anonymous chronicle of events that occurred between 1762 and 1787.
- Memoirs Found in a Bathtub (Pamiętnik znaleziony w wannie), a 1961 science fiction novel by Stanisław Lem.
- Memoirs of a Cavalier, a work of historical fiction by Daniel Defoe.
- Memoirs of a Fox-Hunting Man, a 1928 novel by Siegfried Sassoon.
- Memoirs and Proceedings of the Chemical Society, a scientific journal published at various times by the UK Chemical Society.
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Memoir (disambiguation)" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.