From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
In medicine, diagnosis (plural, diagnoses) is a label given for a medical condition or disease identified by its signs, symptoms, and from the results of various diagnostic procedures. The term "diagnostic criteria" designates the combination of signs, symptoms, and test results that allows the clinician to ascertain the diagnosis of the respective disease.
However, it has two distinct dictionary definitions. The first definition is "the recognition of a disease or condition by its outward signs and symptoms," while the second definition is "the analysis of the underlying physiological/biochemical cause(s) of a disease or condition."
- Diagnosis codes
- Diagnosis-related group
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
- Doctor-patient relationship
- Etiology (medicine)
- International Statistical Classification of
Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD)
- Medical classification
- Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy
- Misdiagnosis and medical error
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis