Mark Turner (cognitive scientist)
From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- The Artful Mind: Cognitive Science and the Riddle of Human Creativity (Oxford University Press, 2006)
- The Way We Think: Conceptual Blending and the Mind's Hidden Complexities (with Gilles Fauconnier, Basic Books, 2002)
- Cognitive Dimensions of Social Science: The Way We Think About Politics, Economics, Law, and Society (Oxford University Press, 2001)
- The Literary Mind: The Origins of Thought and Language (Oxford University Press, 1997)
- Clear and Simple as the Truth: Writing Classic Prose Second Edition (with Francis-Noël Thomas, Princeton University Press, 2011) ISBN 978-0691147437.
- Reading Minds: The Study of English in the Age of Cognitive Science (Princeton University Press, 1991)
- More Than Cool Reason: A Field Guide to Poetic Metaphor (with George Lakoff, University of Chicago Press, 1989)
- Death is the Mother of Beauty: Mind, Metaphor, Criticism (University of Chicago Press, 1987)
- conceptual blending
- conceptual metaphor
- cognitive linguistics
- cognitive rhetoric
- cognitive philology
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Mark Turner (cognitive scientist)" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.