Museum der bildenden Künste
From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
The collection is based upon the inventory of the Städtisches Museum from 1848. The collection moved first to the Museumsbau (December 1858), before it was bombed out in World War II. Since December 4, 2004, the museum is located near Sachsenplatz (Katharinenstraße 10). This new building cost 74.5 Million Euro.