From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
A leash or a lead is a rope or similar material attached to the neck of an animal for restraint or control. Some leashes clip or tie to collars or harnesses, while others go directly around the animal's neck.
- Nerval was said to have walked a pet lobster on a leash because “it does not bark and knows the
- L'Anticoncept was a film projected onto weather balloon anchored to the floor with a leash.
- In the painting Pornokrates, a blindfolded woman is being led by a pig on a leash.
- Giacomo Balla's 1912 work titled Dynamism of a Dog on a Leash.
- In From the Portfolio of Doggedness, Valie Export leads Peter Weibel on a leash through Vienna like a dog.