John Waters (filmmaker)
From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- Hag in a Black Leather Jacket (8 mm) (1964)
- Roman Candles (three 8 mm shown simultaneously) (1966)
- Eat Your Makeup (16mm) (1968)
- Mondo Trasho (16mm) (1969)
- The Diane Linkletter Story (16mm) (1969)
- Multiple Maniacs (16mm) (1970) - X for extremely graphic sexual content and nudity, strong language, and violence.
- Pink Flamingos (16 & 35 mm) (1972) - NC-17 for a wide range of perversions in explicit detail.
- Female Trouble (16 & 35 mm) (1974) - NC-17 for explicit sexuality and nudity.
- Desperate Living (16 & 35 mm) (1977) - R for strong sexual content, language, and violence.
- Polyester (1981) - R for some violence, language, and sexual content/nudity.
- Hairspray (1988) - PG for some crude language and thematic elements.
- Cry-Baby (1990) - PG-13 for crude humor, language, and some violence.
- Serial Mom (1994) - R for satirical presentation of strong violence, vulgar language, and sexual episodes.
- Pecker (1998) - R for sexuality, graphic nudity, language, and brief drug use.
- Cecil B. DeMented (2000) - R for strong crude sexual content, violence, language and drug use.
- A Dirty Shame (2004) - NC-17 for pervasive sexual content. / R for pervasive strong crude sexual content, including fetishes.
Writer (but not director)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "John Waters (filmmaker)" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.