From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
His self-destroying Homage to New York (1960) failed to self-destruct at the Museum of Modern Art, New York City; his Study for an End of the World (1961) detonated successfully. Tinguely's art satirized the mindless overproduction of material goods in advanced industrial society.
- Le Cyclop outside of Milly-la-Forêt.
- Stravinsky Fountain (or Fontaine des automates) near the Centre Pompidou, Paris (1982), a collaboration with Niki de Saint-Phalle
- Karime Gonzalez fountain (1977) in Basel
- Mexican Princess Fountain on Königstrasse in Duisburg, Germany, a collaboration with Niki de Saint-Phalle
- The Museum Tinguely
- Pontus Hultén
- New Realism
- Rube Goldberg—conceptual pioneer of excessively complex machinery