From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Independent may refer to:
- Independence, the self-government of a nation, country, or state
- Independent film (or indie film), usually a low-budget film that is produced by a small movie studio
- Independent record label (or indie label), a record label not associated with a major label
- Indie (music), a number of genres associated with independent labels
In the arts:
- The Independent Group met at the Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) London from 1952-55.
- Independent body parts, a major trope of the uncanny.
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Independent" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.