From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
Heroic Age may refer to:
Periods of time
- Greek Heroic Age, in Greek mythology, the period at which semi-divine and human heroes are supposed to have lived, between the coming of the Greeks to Thessaly and the Greek return from Troy. Considered one of the five Ages of Man.
- Germanic Heroic Age, 4th and 5th centuries CE, period of early historic or quasi-historic events reflected in Germanic heroic poetry
- Heroic Age of Antarctic Exploration, from 1895–1917, when the Antarctic continent was a focus of international efforts towards exploration.
- Heroic Age of Medicine, c. 1860-1910, when aggressive medical techniques were used. See Heroic medicine.
Literature and published works
- Heroic Age (literary theory) postulated by some scholars of oral and traditional literature, as a stage in the development of human societies likely to give rise to legends about heroic deeds
- Heroic Age (anime), short-running anime in 2007 by XEBEC
- Heroic Age (comics), a Marvel Comics storyline which began in 2010
- The Heroic Age (journal), an academic journal published since 1999 and dedicated to Northwestern Europe during the early medieval period, from the early 4th through 13th centuries
- The Heroic Age of American Invention, 1961 children's science book
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Heroic Age" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.