From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- thermal energy
- This furnace puts out 5000 BTUs of heat.
- That engine is really throwing off some heat.
- Removal of heat from the liquid caused it to turn into a solid.
- The condition or quality of being hot.
- Stay out of the heat of the sun!
- An attribute of a spice that causes a burning sensation in the mouth.
- The chili sauce gave the dish heat.
- A period of intensity, particularly of emotion.
- It's easy to make bad decisions in the heat of the moment
- An undesirable amount of attention.
- The heat from her family after her DUI arrest was unbearable.
- The police.
- The heat! Scram!
- One or more firearms.
- He's packing heat.
- Heat (1972 film), 1972 film starring Sylvia Miles and Joe Dallesandro