Girl Talk (Neal Hefti song)
From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
The song has been described by Michael Feinstein as the "last great male chauvinistic song written in the 60's".
Partial list of recordings
- Tony Bennett, The Movie Song Album (1966)
- Sérgio Mendes, The Great Arrival (1966)(instrumental version)
- Betty Carter, Finally, Betty Carter (1969), Betty Carter at the Village Vanguard (1970)
- Holly Cole, Girl Talk (1990)
- Ella Fitzgerald, Joe Pass, Speak Love (1983)
- The King's Singers, This Is the King's Singers (1980)
- Julie London, Feeling Good (1965) (wife of lyricist Bobby Troup)
- Oscar Peterson, Girl Talk (1968)
- Marla Gibbs, Alaina Reed Hall, Jackée Harry and Helen Martin, 227 (1985)
- Billy May, Ultra Lounge: Vol. 16 Mondo Hollywood (1997)
- Barbara Lusch, Barbara Lusch (2004)
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Girl Talk (Neal Hefti song)" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.