From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
(Redirected from Fundamental)
- The act of founding, fixing, establishing, or beginning to erect.
- The foundation of his institute has been wrought with difficulty.
- That upon which anything is founded; that on which anything stands, and by which it is supported; the lowest and supporting layer of a superstructure; groundwork; basis.
- The lowest and supporting part or member of a wall, including the base course (see Base course (a), under Base, n.) and footing courses; in a frame house, the whole substructure of masonry.
- The foundations of this construction have been laid out.
- A donation or legacy appropriated to support a charitable institution, and constituting a permanent fund; endowment.
- That which is founded, or established by endowment; an endowed institution or charity.
- The Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. is the parent organization of the Wiktionary collaborative project.
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Foundation" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.