From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
(Redirected from Forms)
- The shape or visible structure of a thing or person.
- A thing that gives shape to other things as in a mold.
- An order of doing things, as in religious ritual.
- Substantial form, asserts that ideas organize matter and make it intelligible
- Theory of Forms, asserts that ideas possess the highest and most fundamental kind of reality
- Value-form, an approach to understanding the origins of commodity trade and the formation of markets
- Argument form, aka Logical form or Test form - replacing the different words, or sentences, that make up the argument with letters, along the lines of algebra; the letters represent logical variables