From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- To form a circle around; to encircle.
- To include within its scope; to circumscribe or go round so as to surround; to enclose; to contain.
- To include completely; to describe fully or comprehensively.
- This book on English grammar encompasses all irregular verbs.
- To go around, especially, to circumnavigate.
- Drake encompassed the globe.
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Encompass" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.