From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
The first documented reference to the town is from 1207, referring to the older name Hrabišín. A brewery was established in 1675. It is also the site of the Castle of Dux.
Castle of Dux
The castle was built in the 13th century as a fort. In the 18th century Giacomo Casanova spent his last years in the castle. In the 19th century it was rebuilt in the classicist style. As of 2008, the Castle of Dux is open to visitors.
- Giacomo Casanova (1725-1798), Italian adventurer, stayed in Dux for 13 years as a librarian and died in the Dux Castle