From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
- A classification into two subclasses or opposed parts.
- (projective geometry) The interchangeability of points and planes.
- The mathematical equivalence of two seemingly different theoretical descriptions of a physical system
Duality may refer to something dual:
Philosophy, Logic, & Psychology
- Dualism, a twofold division in several spiritual, religious, and philosophical doctrines
- Dualism (philosophy of mind), where the body and mind are considered to be irreducibly distinct
- De Morgan's Laws, specifically the ability to generate the dual of any logical expression.
- the relationship in knowledge management between explicit knowledge (hard) and tacit knowledge (soft)
- a Community of practice, where a duality is a central driving process
- an archetype in analytical psychology relating to the functioning of the psyche