From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
(Redirected from Drug addict)
According to the current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV), substance dependence is defined as:
- "When an individual persists in use of alcohol or other drugs despite problems related to use of the substance, substance dependence may be diagnosed. Compulsive and repetitive use may result in tolerance to the effect of the drug and withdrawal symptoms when use is reduced or stopped. This, along with Substance Abuse are considered Substance Use Disorders...."
- Addictive personality
- Drug and Alcohol Dependence (journal)
- Physical dependence
- Risk factors in pregnancy
- Self medication
- Stimulant maintenance
- Substance abuse
- Rat Park
- Thomas Latham "Angie Fatino Save the Children from Meth Act"
- Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test
- CAGE questionnaire
- CRAFFT Screening Test
- Paddington Alcohol Test
- Severity of Alcohol Dependence Questionnaire
Unless indicated otherwise, the text in this article is either based on Wikipedia article "Substance dependence" or another language Wikipedia page thereof used under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License; or on original research by Jahsonic and friends. See Art and Popular Culture's copyright notice.