From The Art and Popular Culture Encyclopedia
(Redirected from Dripping)
- To fall one drop at a time.
- Listening to the tap next door drip all night drove me mad!
- To leak slowly.
- Does the sink drip, or have I just spilt water over the floor?
- To put a small amount of a liquid on something, drop by drop.
- After putting oil on the side of the salad, the chef should drip a little vinegar in the oil.
- To have a superabundance of valuable things. Usually followed by "with".
- The Old Hall simply drips with masterpieces of the Flemish painters.
- The duchess was dripping with jewels.